Saturday, November 17, 2007

Palouse Potters at Cowgirl Chocolates

Platter with purple glazes, I am going to keep working on this style!



The Palouse Studio Potters Guild Show at Cowgirl Chocolates begins Saturday, Nov. 17th. and goes through the Christmas season. We are holding a reception that afternoon as well with snacks. Marilyn has been very generous with us. Still, space requirements are such that we can't bring many items, so I am arguing with myself over what I want to bring. When they sell, I will replace them.

These pitchers are influenced by
the Medieval 'baluster' shape
but the surface decoration, glazes,
and glaze application are 21st. Century!!

Whatever the venue, I always want to bring the most recent things that came out of the kiln, although older work might be better sellers....I don't know, if I did know I would be a much wealthier person. Finally got to unload the kiln today. Some worked out well, others not so much. The glaze experiments didn't work out as well as I had hoped they would, the kiln fired at least a cone hotter, possibly more, because I programed a very slow cool-down, the temperature rise is counter-intuitive, but there you go.

This bowl has about a 2 qt. capacity
It really shows off the "huckleberry"
purple glaze


I am still discovering and amazed by the color of these purple glazes when applied to the textures I am using on the pots. The purples are so strong.


No comments: